Be Changed, Be Nice, Be Used.
Our Vision is to make disciples who are changed, nice and used by God's love.
It's all about God's love:
- Be Changed by Receiving God's Love
John 3:16 (ESV) “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
- Be Nice by Reflecting God's Love
Ephesians 4:32 - 5:2 (ESV) “4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
- Be Used by Radiating God's Love
Matthew 22:36-40 (ESV) 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
Our Values include the following:
1. Partnership with the Holy Spirit Who regenerates, comforts, anoints, empowers, guides, gifts and fills the Church (John 3:3-8; 14:15-17; Luke 4:18; Act 1:8; 2:1-47; 13:21 Corinthians 12:7-11; Ephesians 5:18)
2. The Word and the Spirit together (Matthew 22:29-33; Ezekiel 1:3; 2:2)
3. Ministry times without hype for healing prayer and Holy Spirit filling (Matthew 10:8; Ephesians 5:18)
4. The already/not yet of the Kingdom of God (Luke 11:2, 20; 17:21-22;
1 Corinthians 15:24-25)
5. 'We all get to play'. All God’s people are to do God’s work (Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:7-12; 1 Cor. 12:7)
6. Worship that is contemporary, lively and intimate with God (Psalm 95;
1 Corinthians 14:26)
7. Mission as evangelism and social service (Matthew 28:16-20; 22:39; Titus 3:14)
- The Blood of Jesus offered once for all for the salvation of the world is to be appropriated by faith (Romans 3:23-26; Hebrews 9:12).
- The Book of Jesus, the Bible, is our God given rule of faith and life (John 5:39-40; 2 Timothy 3:15-17).
- The Breath of God’s Spirit gives us new life, transformation, gifts, enabling and supernatural power to serve God (John 3:1-8; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18; 12:7-11; Ezekiel 36:27; Acts 1:8).
- The Body of Christ expressed locally is our spiritual home (Romans 12:4-5; 1 Corinthians 1:2; Hebrews 10:24-25).
- The Bride of Christ is the Church in union with Jesus as the Bridegroom (John 3:29; Revelation 19:7). The marriage of husband and wife “refers to Christ and the Church” (Ephesians 5:32) and is the arena for sexual intimacy (Heb. 13:4).
- The Business of God at its core is to help all people everywhere follow our Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20).
Our Stewardship as disciples of our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ (Romans 10:9; Luke 14:26), involves giving Him our time, talents and treasure.
· “My times are in Your hands” (Psalm 31:15)
· “Making the best use of the time” (Ephesians 5:16)
· Daily time for God in Bible reading and prayer (Mark 1:35; Matthew 4:4)
· First day of the week time to worship with God's people (Acts 20:7)
· Mid-week meeting in a home or at the church for fellowship, teaching and prayer is encouraged (Acts 2:44- 46)
· Use our different, God given, valuable talents in the service of God (Matthew 25:14-30)
· Get started by volunteering to do something in our church (1 Peter 4:10-11).
Talk to someone in leadership about what you could do.
· "For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you” (1 Chronicles 29:14)
· Being generous and willing to share (1 Timothy 6:18-19)
· Giving our King Jesus His share (a tithe) is investing in God's ‘banking system' (Genesis 14:18-20; 28:20-22; 1 Samuel 8:17; 1 Corinthians 9:13-14; Malachi 3:10)
· Caring for all our members and celebrating maturity
· Reaching a next generation
· Numbers (100 more members)